Wednesday 4 June 2014

Summer Doldrums

Is it just me or are things slow around here??

It's been so frantic all winter - JRFM and Peak had me listening at 7, 11, 2, 5, and 7 for what seemed like an eternity, and Jack had me tuning in at 10:10, 11:10, and 2:10 for months! The Beat also roped me in for 7:10, 11:10, and 3:10 (which was a superior pain in the ass when I had to pick my daughter up at 3!) And Zed Effect had me at 8, 12, and 5! GAH!

I was so strapped to my radios that I couldn't seem to get anything else done. Now that things have slowed down to a mere drizzle, I'm exhausted. Burnt out. So thankful for this breather... and chomping at the bit for a new wave of contests!!!

My kids are happy, I actually have time to sit and snuggle with them in the morning, and don't have to rush home every few hours so I can have 3 radios going at once. But I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do with myself! I've changed my furniture, hung the screen door, mowed the lawn. I've baked muffins, washed my cupboards, cleaned out the basement. The sheets are changed, the desk is cleared off, and old clothes have been donated. All that's left is to groom the dogs... and play with my kids, of course!

Hubby and daughter are on their pilgrimage to Germany, they left yesterday for 2 weeks of visiting the Old Country (hubby hasn't been there since he was 11, and then only once!) My little guy and I are just hanging out and he is so much less demanding than the others, I'm really enjoying this quiet. But it's only been one day, 17 hours in fact. I have a feeling we will be missing them soon...

In the meantime, let's hope that one of these wonderful stations steps up with something fun to carry us through the summer! Give me a reason to listen. Please!! I change stations according to my mood, but a contest will often sway my mood. LOL!

If you hear of anything, let me know. I probably only need to put out one schedule per week (Monday) since nothing needs updating daily. Also I will now have time to do up an Online Entry Contests post probably today, possibly tonight. This might be a good time to drum up some of our OWN contests... I'll see what I can put together...

:D

3 comments:

  1. Nice posting, and also nice purging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a hard worker! A good blogger to boot! Appreciate it all too! Glad you're having a little breather. Will let you know if anything is happening! Enjoy the rest of your Spring!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hey I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I
    love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!

    Review my page please: 휴게텔
    (jk)

    ReplyDelete