Sunday 2 March 2014

March 3-7th overview

Here is an overview of this week's fun. I've included a link every time you see the word "here". Except that one. :D

New this week: 

Beat the Bank! Wooohooooo!!! QMFM brings back this nail-biter starting Monday at 8:09 am! If you don't get through, try again at 4:09 - but tune in to 103.5 about 5 minutes early (sometimes they do the cue to call before 4:09).

Super Dave strikes again! JRFM is sending someone to Stagecoach, the music festival in California at the end of April. Listen for the Stagecoach Song of the Day which will be played 4 times per day. Sign into your Online Insider account to find the song of the day, or follow me on Twitter and I will tweet it each morning. As if the airfare, accommodations, and festival tickets aren't enough, the winner also gets a one year lease on a Santa Fe Sport from Super Dave's Maple Ridge Hyundai! WHAT?!?! The draw will be on March 31st.

*THIS JUST IN* (sigh, all this excitement is killing me!!) JRFM is up to something else too - the best call of the week gets a SWEET getaway for 4 people to Tigh-Na-Mara Resort and Spa, including 1 hour massages. Are you freakin' KIDDING ME?!?! GAH! This is amazing, and if I didn't sound like such a fool every time I opened my mouth, I'd seriously consider calling in. But I've got nuttin'. I'm not funny, I'm not charming, I'm not topical. I can't sing or tell jokes or make good observations. But I sure look forward to hearing that call - it'll be a standout, I'm sure!

Rock 101's High School Reunion is coming up on Friday. Did you win your way in yet?? Don't fret, how's your chance! Four packs of tickets are being given away EVERY HOUR between 6 am and 6 pm.

This Monday AND next Monday, The Peak is giving away 5 pairs of tickets to Cirque du Soleil's Totem. Listen at 9, 11, 2, 5, and 7, and be ready to call 280-1027 when you hear the cue. But ONLY on Monday!

Sonic will have a new destination to qualify for, I look forward to hearing what it is.

And from last week:

Every Second Counts? Yes, it does! At 8, 12, and 4 on CFOX. They will play a song, and as soon as you think you know it yell STOP! You have 5 seconds to name it. If you get it right, you win the prize amount. But hurry - it starts at $1000 and goes down quickly. Details here.

Are you a Gold Digger? We are about to find out! Four times per day on Virgin 95.3, be caller 9 after the cue to call and you will get a chance to prove it. The prize amounts will only go UP and if you yell STOP before the dynamite blows, you win the last cash amount. I love, love, looooove this game! I've played it twice, won once. That $800 paid a lot of bills!!!

 It's the last week to qualify for Breakfast in Barbados courtesy of The Beat.  They will take 5 names per day and Friday March 7th, around 4:30(ish), a winner will be announced. You could win the trip which takes place April 5-13th, and includes accommodations (but not meals) plus tickets to a concert on the 10th (Pitbull, Enrique, and MAGIC!). EEEEK!!! More details here. All qualifiers will automatically win $100 cash and a $50 Blenz gift card. 

Jack?? Ooooohhhh Jack... Their Super Secret Win at Work contest is happening right through till April, and if you haven't registered yet then you just don't like money! Three times per day they nonchalantly say a listener's name, and that person has 30 minutes to call them back. They could win $100, $500, $1,000, or $5,000. WHAAAAAT?!?! Crazy!! So go and register here, then email me your name and number and I will call you if I hear your name. Easy money!!! Love it!!

On top of that, Jack is giving away 3 trips to Vegas. Get in the draw at 7:40, 9:40, 11:40, 2:40, 4:40, and 6:40. That's 96.9 on your FM radio! 

:)

1 comment: