Tuesday 15 April 2014

JRFM Proposal

At some point last night while I was sleeping, the Idea Fairy came and bonked me on the head! I prefer it when she just whispers in my ear because the bonk woke me up...

She told me it would be really great if JRFM had a Community Page, akin to Craig's List but for members only. It would be easy to set up as an extra page on their website - call it, I dunno, JRFM Community Pages or something - and only Online Insiders can post there.

What would they post there? All manner of things!

- announcements
- things for sale
- help needed (eg. Barn raising)
- garage sales
- offers (free things, babysitting, etc)
- horse stuff (lessons, supplies, etc)
- country music (song lyrics, original songs, etc)

The coolest format would be like a peg board where there are a bunch of posts with categories. Each peg could lead to another peg board full of pegs about that subject. Or simply a Craig's List type of layout where they can filter items - For Sale, Free, key word search, etc. or maybe Instagram or Pinterest might be a better venue, but I don't know anything about them - do you have to be a member of a board to pin to it?

Wherever they put it,  I am SURE it will get plenty of use! How many times have you wanted to get a message out to other country music fans but didn't have a roof to shout it from?! "Hey, anybody got a rototiller I can borrow?" "Hey, anybody selling a pair of black cowboy boots?" "Hey, anybody hear the 2 pm YSIWPI name?" "Hey, anybody going to Sunfest and got room in their car??"

Maybe this has already been tried, but I feel like now is the time that this could really work. If you look at the JRFM FaceBook posts, some of them would've been perfect for the Community Pages! I would post there all the time, and visit it multiple times per day. I love helping people so would check the Help Wanted section daily. I may not have much, but I probably have something that somebody needs, even if it's just a helping hand...

Thoughts??

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome idea! Since you've put it out there, perhaps someone will run with it! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete