Saturday 5 April 2014

Z-FX is BACK!!!

Do you remember when 95.3 on the FM dial was Z95.3? Do you remember their awesome, exciting, often infuriating sound effects game?? It's baaaaaaaack!!!

For the next month, every weekday at 8, 12, and 5 they will play the sound effect and caller 9 will have a chance to guess what it is. The jackpot starts at $200, and another $200 is added every time somebody gets it wrong. So in the first day the jackpot will go from $200 to $600 provided nobody guesses what the sound is.

Among the previous sound effects they used, the most memorable for me were a credit card running across stubble on a cheek, a scale, and the sound of a propane tank on a BBQ opening. Impossible to guess?? You would think so, but after days and sometimes weeks of guesses, with the jackpot rising each time, somebody would get it right. And after they said it, you'd think "YEAH, that's exactly what it sounds like!!!" I remember standing at a pay phone dialing frantically trying to get through and listening to a portable radio while they took call after call, trying to end the game and give away the jackpot. I believed it was faster to use a pay phone back then, as my cell phone was old and useless. These days I think my smartphone will do fine!

The bonus of this first round of the reintroduced game is that everyone who plays gets invites to the Z95.3 Launch Party! Eeeee!! I don't even care what the sound effect is - I'll call in and make a lame-ass guess just to get into the party!!! I don't know when it is or where it is, I just want to be there! While some May view this as the icing on the cake, for me this IS the cake. I love a good party, and I'm super excited about meeting the new hosts.

Speaking of the new hosts, Ruby and Cruise (with Simone and Producer Art) will be hitting the airwaves at 5:30 Monday morning. I'm just going to go ahead and name them Cruby now, if that's okay with you. Or we could call them The CARS, or SCAR, or ARCS, or CRAS, or...? Of these, I think I prefer Cruby...

I have high hopes for this foursome! Let's review after the first week and see how they did. Send your thoughts and comments to contestsvancouver@gmail.com and tell me how YOU think they did.

ZED IS BACK!!! WOOT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment