Thursday 16 January 2014

I forgive you. Because Vegas.

Was I heartbroken that I didn't win the JRFM's Waking Crew Sleeps Around With George Strait at Karen's House in Phoenix? Yes, you could say that. Despite best efforts, I (and about 1000 others) were passed over. Understandable - the competition was brutal! Those country fans all sound like a blast! Still, it stings a bit to be snubbed...

Luckily, I can forgive them easily thanks to JRFM's new contest: Red Solo Cup. This fun game can get you to Vegas! VEGAS!!! And having just returned from Vegas, I am ready to go back!

This is how the game works:

Listen for the cue to call at or about 7 am, 11 am, 2 pm, 5 pm, and 7 pm. If you are the correct caller, you get to pick a cup (I guess they are numbered and you just pick a number). If your cup has "winner" written under it, you instantly win a trip to Vegas. WHAT?! Yes, it's true! You win two flights, three nights at Bally's Hotel, plus $75 to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill, and show tickets to boot! Holy CRAP, what a great prize!

If no one picks the right cup, that day's prize is carried over. The site says that they add a new prize each day, so does that mean that if no one wins one day, the next day there are TWO cups with Winner on them? That would be super sweet, upping the odds for the next day's players! And if the prize is won by the morning player, does that mean the game is over for the day? Hmmmmm...

If you want to play this game, get those dialing fingers limbered up because you will have some stiff competition! Bally's is one of the nicest hotels on the Strip (just saw the Jubilee show there on Tuesday!), and the trip is good till November so you can wait a few months and go when the pools are open!

If I win, this time I will bring the kids - I really wanted to get away from them, pined for them while there, and then couldn't wait to get back! Bah! Many would say that Vegas is not for kids, and you'd be right. But my kids are still at the age where playing in the pool, watching a free circus act, bouncing on the hotel beds, and taking a moving sidewalk are all the entertainment they need. Once they're old enough to want to spend the day in he arcade, they can stay home! LOL!

Contest starts Monday! Good luck!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment