Friday 22 November 2013

A list of things I've won

People are often curious about how much I've won, and I always tell them "lots". But if asked to list them all, I can't. There have been too many wins over too many years (probably 7 years of contests), and I probably can't even remember some of them. But I can tell you my most memorable wins (in no particular order - they were all great!).

1) airfare for 2 to Honolulu
2) all-inclusive trip to Mexico
3) Merritt Mountain Music Fest all-inclusive tix
4) concert tix - Kiss, Alan Jackson, Buble, Pretenders, Rihanna, etc.
5) Event passes - Virgin Radio's Fake Film Fest, Capilano Suspension Bridge Xmas, Disney on Ice, Sesame Street Elmo Makes Music,Backyardigans
6) River rafting excursion for two
7) Jet skiing tour for four
8) Date night package - fancy dinner gift certificate and two tickets to a play
9) Nutcracker ballet tix
10) faux diamond earrings
11) Restaurant gift certificates
12) Canucks tickets and jerseys
13) $1000
14) $600
15) $800
16) $1000

Keep in mind that this is over several years and with GREAT effort. For every win, I called/emailed/tweeted/applied dozens and dozens of times. With patience and persistence comes reward. Some were radio wins, others were Twitter, Facebook or TV contests. Some were even raffles wins!

One of my favourite prizes was an electric, programmable kettle. I use it every single day, and it's something that I would never have been able to afford to buy myself. It's one of my treasured possessions. LOL!

If you feel like sharing, I'd love to hear about YOUR favourite thing you've won! How did you win it and why do you love it?




No comments:

Post a Comment