Friday 27 September 2013

Friday morning blues

I hate Friday mornings. Actually, I love Fridays in principle, but the contest scene slows down for a few minutes at around 8 a.m., when Virgin and Rock 101 do the calling. Enter on line in their respective clubs and they might just call YOU! Cool idea, but a snore for me. They aren't ever likely to call me, and I don't get to exercise my dialing fingers! Ah well, I still get to try for Beat the Bank. Thank you QMFM for starting my Friday off right! Now, if I could just get through...

Another positive of Fridays is that Virgin says a code word at 7 am. You text it back to them with your name and neighbourhood, then they do a draw for $250. I could use $250! But here's the down side: if you win, you can't win anything again for 30 days. That's right - no Gold Digger!!! So if I had to choose, I would want to play Gold Digger. Damn you Virgin for making me choose!!! LOL!

Plus, there's always the $1000 Minute on Virgin, where they ask a contestant 10 questions in one minute. For each correct answer they get $10, and if they get all 10 right they get $1000! I tried it once and made 50 or 60 bucks - it's hard! Oh, it's easy to yell the answers at the radio and scoff when the contestant gets it wrong, but try doing it LIVE! Brain freeze!!! I would much rather listen to this than play it. Again, if you win even $10, you can't win anything else for 30 days! No thanks! They play this every weekday, but it's rare that someone wins the grand. Still, fun. And interesting.

Similarly, Kiah and Tara Jean on Jack play No Time To Google at about 8:25. Same idea, but the prize is usually tickets to a concert or show. This one is played against an opponent, with the best 2 out of 3 winning the game. I've played this too, and it was hard too! I lost. LOL! But it's fun to play along. The prizes aren't amazing, but next week the prize will be Cher tickets! THAT is amazing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment