Thursday 26 September 2013

Sonic 1K Double Play thoughts

What I like about this contest is that they do it all day, every day. Even weekends.

So far they have given away $17,000 over 17 days. If you read the rules and regulations on their site, it says they are giving away AT LEAST 22 prizes. Then if you read further, it says there is a total of $22,000 to be won. Soooooo... $1,000 per Double Play = 22 Double Plays. But the contests runs till October 14th, according to the R&Rs. So if 17 of 22 Double Plays have already been played, it stands to reason that there are only 5 left ($22,000-$17,000=$5,000, and $5,000 = 5 days of $1,000).

In the next 19 days they will only play Double Plays 5 times? Hmmmmm. Maybe. But I'll still be tuning in every day to make sure! Because one of these times I WILL get through, and I WILL be caller 10! Yep, that's my plan.... I have bills to pay and $1,000 will help. A ton.

Another thing I like about this contest is that they spread it out among the DJ's, so you get to know all of them better because you tune in more often. That said, they aren't likely to give the same DJ two Double Plays in a row. So if The Kid Carson Show plays one on Monday, I know I don't have to listen quite so closely again until at least Wednesday, maybe even Thursday. I still tune in when I can, but often just on line. If they are Tweeting interesting stuff, I tune in live.

This contest is how I got more acquainted with Kenny (though he doesn't know it!) He is a great DJ! Not over the top, not phony. Bri is cute and Vanessa is charming. The Kid Carson Show always makes me feel young, like I'm back in high school, smoking up with the cool kids in the back woods at lunch then giggling at the stoner table in the lunchroom. Aaah, those were the days...

No comments:

Post a Comment