Tuesday 24 September 2013

Making ends meet

Well, here it is. I've finally started that blog my friend Sarah has been bugging me about. Now that I have a few spare hours each week, I will log here all of the contests I enter. If you follow my blog, I will keep you up to date on all of the current contests in Vancouver.

A little background: last year I lost my job. It is expensive to live in Vancouver (!!!) and we barely make ends meet each month. To help out, I started playing radio contests. My contribution is entertainment - concert tickets, vacations, etc.

At first, it was just one radio station. A few years later, I started listening to another station because I needed a change. I realized that not only did I like their music, they had really great contests! After a few wins, I decided to expand my horizons, cast a wider net. I started listening to another station. And then another. And then another. Now I alternate between 7 stations daily, and 10 stations total.

I know, I know, it sounds like I'm a contest whore. But I really LOVE most of these stations! Each one offers something different, scratches a certain itch. When I'm in the mood to dance, I put onVirgin or Beat or Sonic. When I feel nostalgic, I put on Jack or Rock 101. When I feel emotional, I tune in to JRFM. When I'm feeling rebellious, it's Peak time. And when I need something lighter, I go with QMFM. I follow them all on Twitter and Facebook, and interact with each regularly.

Each room in my house has a radio, and I have all the apps on my phone in case I'm out when contests are on. My car radio has each station preset in no particular order, with CBC for those times when traffic is driving me mad and I need a calming force. Thank you CBC! And my kids love the classical music too, which is a bonus.

Wow, this is pretty loooooong for a first blog post! Once I get the hang of this, I will make the posts better and shorter. Now I'm off to explore Blogspot to see how I can give you all the info without prattling on and on....

No comments:

Post a Comment