Tuesday 24 September 2013

September Contests: Jack and QMFM

JACK (JackFM.com)

I have a great fondness for Jack. For some reason, they just feel like home. These warm and fuzzies are facilitated by their wonderfully goofy morning crew: Kaih and TaraJean (and producer Kieran) If you haven't seen their morning videos, you simply MUST! There are no words to describe them and their hilarity... I followed them over from Virgin where they used to have the afternoon show - they were a riot there too! These two (now 3) are a hoot and I would love to sit down for a games night with them (or go play paintball or just get drunk!)

This month, Jack is having another key party. You can win the chance to try a key on a truck, and if your key starts it, you keep the truck for two years! Sweet! So 5 times per day (7:40, 9:40, 11:40, 2:40 and 4:40) you can get in on it by being the right caller. See their website for more details, but don't be in a hurry - their website always freezes my computer! Super slow. That's why I don't collect Jackaholics points - takes me forever to enter them into my Jackaholics account!

QMFM (QMFM.com)

Beat the Bank! Woot woot! This is similar to Gold Digger, but they give you time to make a choice: keep what you have or open another vault. They play twice per day (8:09 am and 4:09 pm). It's hard to get through, but I keep trying! I like listening and pretending to play. The prizes are good - you can almost always get $1000 before the alarm goes off. I NEED $1000!!! LOL!

I also like listening to Mike and Tara in the morning when they have interviews with people I like. I follow them on Twitter to see what's coming up, then tune in when something sparks my interest. They are super nice, and have good banter, though it seems sometimes like they are speaking softly on purpose. Must be hard to do that sometimes when you are enthusiastic about something!

No comments:

Post a Comment