Thursday 26 September 2013

JRFM 5 for 5 contests thoughts

The thing I like about this contest is that they give you the EXACT time they will say the word, and they rarely say it before or after that. They say 11, listen at 10:59. By 11:02, you've missed it. Like today, when I tuned in at 11:06 because I got distracted. Too late!

What I also like about it is that you only need to have ONE entry and you're still in the draw! I can't even imagine how many entries there are every Monday, probably 100,000 (if each person puts in 25 and there are 4,000 people playing, which is a conservative guess!) So let's say that there are 500,000 entries. You have a 1 in 500,000 chance of winning if you only entered once. Better odds than the lottery, I'd think!

The only thing I don't like about this contest is that you have to wait too long for the reward (or lack of reward, as most will be losers). It would be better (and more worth playing) if they did a draw every day. Wouldn't you rather tune in knowing you could win $1000 THAT DAY? Less entries, better chance of winning. Spread the love. Or the dough. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment