Tuesday 24 September 2013

September contests: JRFM and Virgin

Below is a list of the contests I'm currently playing. I haven't quite figured out the format yet, so let me know what you think. Should I list them according to radio stations or by prize? Let's try this and see how it goes...

JRFM jrfm.com

5 For 5 contest: they give you 5 words each day (at 7 am, 11 am, 2 pm, 5 pm, and 7 pm). Enter the words in your Online Insider account (free to be a member). Each word is one entry. On Mondays they will pick a winner by random draw from all entries, and they win $5000. I NEED $5000!!!

So far today, the 7 am word is: PESOS, 11 am is MINT, and 2 pm is COIN, 5 pm is DENIRO and 7 pm is BREAD. After today, I will just tweet the answers that I hear (@contestsVan). If you Google it, it will probably show you my tweet even if you don't have twitter. Try it and let me know!

At the end of each day I will try to update the blog with that day's words, or as many as I hear. If you caught one that I didn't, please post it in the comments (if you feel like sharing). It looks like you can enter any of the words at anytime, as long as they are in by Monday morning. But because of the layout, it looks like they have to be entered at the correct time, but it's hard to tell which line is for which time. Good luck to us all!

VIRGIN  Virginradio.ca

Gold Digger! This has to be my favourite contest of all time! It's fun to play, and almost as much fun to listen to. It's fast and fun, and sometimes just funny. They play every weekday at 8 am, 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm.

8 am: After the cue to call, hosts Nat and Drew usually wait until the next song is nearly over or completely over before they start taking callers. Near the end of the song they can open the phone lines, but if you get through then, you are likely to be caller 1 through 8. After the song they say "we haven't taken caller 9 yet" so you still have a chance. But sometimes they don't even start answering the calls until after that first song. The nice thing is that they answer the phones themselves, not Producer Scooter. So that's kind of cool. I met Nat and Drew once and didn't really appreciate them (I was in a daze from sleep deprivation due to parenthood). They would be fun to hang out with, I think. And Erin (news lady) is just lovely!

11 am: I have never gotten through at this time. Impossible. I can't even guess how quickly she answers the calls.

2 pm: Matty B. I <3 Matty B! He has the most infectious laugh, just hearing it puts a smile on my face! He answers calls quite quickly, so you have to start dialing as soon as the cue to call starts. He is lovely to listen to, his enthusiasm is contagious. He is my sassy ray of sunshine!

5 pm. See 2 pm. <3

Good grief! I need a new blog post to finish the rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment