Saturday 12 October 2013

How can I play everything at once?

No problem! Here's what I do:


  • Three radios playing at the same time
  • Stream on my iPhone the contest that doesn't require calling in (eg. 5 for 5 on JRFM or Discover Your Own Backyard on Peak, which only require hearing a word)
  • Stream on my iPad the contest that gives warning before a call-in (eg. Sonic 1K Double Play, where you don't have to pay close attention until they have played a complete song by the artist of the week)
  • Pre-enter the phone numbers in my phone in the order that I think the cues to call will happen (eg. Virgin Gold Digger happens before QMFM Mexico cue, but Rock 101 cue to call happens before the QMFM contest ends, as it takes them 15 minutes to get to caller 103) This way I need only hit redial repeatedly as soon as I hear the cue to call, then once that one is over, I cue up the next one. But they are all at the top of the redial list just in case one comes up unexpectedly (eg Beat gives out tickets at 8 am!) 
  • Have all contest times scheduled in my iPhone so that it will alert me 5 minutes before the contest starts (or at the time of the contest if it's one that only gives the HOUR that the song is played, like Shore's Ho Hey)
  • Follow all the stations are Twitter and Facebook - they often give a head's up when contests are coming up, and they will post clues too.
So follow along with me on Twitter @contestsVan and I will keep you updated as much as I can.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment